Training week for basketball camp starts tonight!
We’re about to head up to the camp property, move in to our teepees, and meet the volunteers who arrived today from the States. Woot woot!
From what I’ve heard, training week is a cool time to seek the Lord and prepare our hearts for camp, get to know eachother and build unity among the team, and learn about how camp runs and how to do all the different activities. I’m pumped!
Brock is the guy from the Alabama work team who is staying here to help with basketball camp. It’s been really nice for me to have another American around – we’ve been able to empathize with eachother when we have no idea what people around us are talking about.
Sara is the daughter of the missionary couple we’ve been staying with. She welcomed us with open arms and has invited us to hang out with her and her friends which has been super fun. Sara has helped with multimedia for L’Arcada for a long time, and I’m looking forward to being a camp videographer with her!
It’s been such a blessing having this week to take it easy before the craziness of camp starts.
I’m thankful for the rest I’ve gotten in Pere & Celia’s beautiful home.
And the cool opportunities we’ve had to do things like go to the beach!
We’ve also eaten lots of delicious food at several authentic Catalonian restaurants (couples who are on full-time staff with L’Arcada have graciously taken us out for lunch all week!), explored the city of Girona, and hung out with other young adults from the church at some waterfalls near the camp.
But from now on, we’ll be at L’Arcada!
Here’s a little preview of the rest of the summer. This week is training week, then:
- basketball camp (June 25 – July 1)
- English camp (July 2 – July 8)
- American football/volleyball camp (July 9 – 15)
- Indian camp 1 (July 16 – 22)
- Indian camp 2 (July 23 – 29)
- Indian camp 3 (July 30 – August 5)
- Family camp (August 6 – 12)
Then there’s an Adventure camp, but I head back to the States on August 13.
I will not have wifi when I’m on the camp’s property (during the week), but we’ll probably come back down to Banyoles on the weekends to rest. I’m hoping to post updates about each week’s camp during that time!
For now, here are some prayer requests:
- For sweet time with the Lord during training week
- For friendships to be formed and unity to be built among the volunteers
- For servant hearts & a willingness to put aside our own preferences for the good of the group
- Please continue to pray for the hearts of the kids coming to camp this summer!